Become an expert at managing enterprise identity infrastructure with Active Directory Domain Services 2022
- Design and update your identity infrastructure by utilizing the latest Active Directory features and core capabilities
- Overcome migration challenges as you update to Active Directory Domain Services 2022
- Establish a strong identity foundation in the cloud by consolidating secure access
Mastering Active Directory, Third Edition is a comprehensive guide for Information Technology professionals looking to improve their knowledge about MS Windows Active Directory Domain Service. The book will help you to use identity elements effectively and manage your organization’s infrastructure in a secure and efficient way. This third edition has been fully updated to reflect the importance of cloud-based strong authentication and other tactics to protect identity infrastructure from emerging security threats.
Mastering Active Directory, Third Edition provides extensive coverage of AD Domain Services and helps you explore their capabilities as you update to Windows Server 2022. This book will also teach you how to extend on-premises identity presence to cloud via Azure AD hybrid setup. By the end of this Microsoft Active Directory book, you’ll feel confident in your ability to design, plan, deploy, protect, and troubleshoot your enterprise identity infrastructure.
What you will learn
- Install, protect, and manage Active Directory Domain Services (Windows Server 2022)
- Design your hybrid identity by evaluating business and technology requirements
- Automate administrative tasks in Active Directory using Windows PowerShell 7.x
- Protect sensitive data in a hybrid environment using Azure Information Protection
- Learn about Flexible Single Master Operation (FSMO) roles and their placement
- Manage directory objects effectively using administrative tools and PowerShell
- Centrally maintain the state of user and computer configuration by using Group Policies
- Harden your Active Directory using security best practices
Who this book is for
If you are an Active Directory administrator, system administrator, or IT professional who has basic knowledge of Active Directory and is looking to become an expert in this topic, this book is for you.
You need to have some experience of working with Active Directory to make the most of this book.