Optimize every stage of your machine learning pipelines with powerful automation components and cutting-edge tools like AutoKeras and KerasTuner.
In Automated Machine Learning in Action you will learn how to:
- Improve a machine learning model by automatically tuning its hyperparameters
- Pick the optimal components for creating and improving your pipelines
- Use AutoML toolkits such as AutoKeras and KerasTuner
- Design and implement search algorithms to find the best component for your ML task
- Accelerate the AutoML process with data-parallel, model pretraining, and other techniques
Automated Machine Learning in Action reveals how you can automate the burdensome elements of designing and tuning your machine learning systems. It’s written in a math-lite and accessible style, and filled with hands-on examples for applying AutoML techniques to every stage of a pipeline. AutoML can even be implemented by machine learning novices! If you’re new to ML, you’ll appreciate how the book primes you on machine learning basics. Experienced practitioners will love learning how automated tools like AutoKeras and KerasTuner can create pipelines that automatically select the best approach for your task, or tune any customized search space with user-defined hyperparameters, which removes the burden of manual tuning.
about the technology
Machine learning tasks like data pre-processing, feature selection, and model optimization can be time-consuming and highly technical. Automated machine learning, or AutoML, applies pre-built solutions to these chores, eliminating errors caused by manual processing. By accelerating and standardizing work throughout the ML pipeline, AutoML frees up valuable data scientist time and enables less experienced users to apply machine learning effectively.
about the book
Automated Machine Learning in Action shows you how to save time and get better results using AutoML. As you go, you’ll learn how each component of an ML pipeline can be automated with AutoKeras and KerasTuner. The book is packed with techniques for automating classification, regression, data augmentation, and more. The payoff: Your ML systems will be able to tune themselves with little manual work.
- Automatically tune model hyperparameters
- Pick the optimal pipeline components
- Select appropriate models and features
- Learn different search algorithms and acceleration strategies
about the reader
For ML novices building their first pipelines and experienced ML engineers looking to automate tasks.
about the author
Drs. Qingquan Song, Haifeng Jin, and Xia “Ben” Hu are the creators of the AutoKeras automated deep learning library.