This certification guide focuses on identity solutions and strategies that will help you prepare for Microsoft Identity and Access Administrator certification, while enabling you to implement what you’ve learned in real-world scenarios
- Design, implement, and operate identity and access management systems using Azure AD
- Provide secure authentication and authorization access to enterprise applications
- Implement access and authentication for cloud-only and hybrid infrastructures
Cloud technologies have made identity and access the new control plane for securing data. Without proper planning and discipline in deploying, monitoring, and managing identity and access for users, administrators, and guests, you may be compromising your infrastructure and data. This book is a preparation guide that covers all the objectives of the SC-300 exam, while teaching you about the identity and access services that are available from Microsoft and preparing you for real-world challenges.
The book starts with an overview of the SC-300 exam and helps you understand identity and access management. As you progress to the implementation of IAM solutions, you’ll learn to deploy secure identity and access within Microsoft 365 and Azure Active Directory. The book will take you from legacy on-premises identity solutions to modern and password-less authentication solutions that provide high-level security for identity and access. You’ll focus on implementing access and authentication for cloud-only and hybrid infrastructures as well as understand how to protect them using the principles of zero trust. The book also features mock tests toward the end to help you prepare effectively for the exam.
By the end of this book, you’ll have learned how to plan, deploy, and manage identity and access solutions for Microsoft and hybrid infrastructures.
What you will learn
- Understand core exam objectives to pass the SC-300 exam
- Implement an identity management solution with MS Azure AD
- Manage identity with multi-factor authentication (MFA), conditional access, and identity protection
- Design, implement, and monitor the integration of enterprise apps for Single Sign-On (SSO)
- Add apps to your identity and access solution with app registration
- Design and implement identity governance for your identity solution
Who this book is for
This book is for cloud security engineers, Microsoft 365 administrators, Microsoft 365 users, Microsoft 365 identity administrators, and anyone who wants to learn identity and access management and gain SC-300 certification. You should have a basic understanding of the fundamental services within Microsoft 365 and Azure Active Directory before getting started with this Microsoft book.