Improve your spoken English from home with 101 real-world conversations in intermediate English.
Real English people don’t speak like your textbook… so it’s no wonder you feel unprepared when it’s your turn to speak! This book fixes that. For the first time, you’ll learn to move beyond beginner level, and speak English in the real world! With 101 authentic conversations in intermediate English, so you’ll become confident in the words, phrases and expressions you need to communicate like a local.
101 Conversations in Intermediate English transports you into a real-world story that unfolds between six English characters, told by the people themselves. Over 15,000 words of real English, you’ll immerse yourself in a gripping English drama and get an education in natural English in the process. Here’s what you’ll get:
- 101 conversations in intermediate English, so you can learn the real English spoken in the street, understand spoken English with ease, and have English roll off your tongue more fluently
- Over 15,000 words of dialogue – an unparalleled resource that will immerse you in English, at a level you can understand. You’ll learn real spoken English without getting lost or overwhelmed
- Real, daily spoken English throughout – it’s as if we held up a microphone and recorded the exact words coming out of people’s mouths – so you can learn the expressions that real people use on the street (not in textbooks). You’ll sound more authentic when you speak and make English-speaking friends more easily.
- Situational dialogues from typical daily circumstances, so you can prepare yourself to survive realistic English encounters, in shops, cafés, and on the street, making meeting people second nature
- Conversations that are carefully written to be accessible for intermediate learners (B1-B2 on the CEFR), so you can learn from real, spoken conversations, without having to go through the rollercoaster of difficult conversations with strangers
- Each conversation is limited to around 15 lines of dialogue (150 words), so you can get that crucial sense of achievement and motivation when you finish each conversation, and say “I actually understood all of that!”
- Summaries of each conversation which contextualise each dialogue, so you can easily follow the plot and enjoy the story without getting lost
The story is set in England and includes expressions that are typical in British English. However, since the conversations use mostly “neutral” English, you’ll have plenty to learn, whether you’re learning the English of America, England, or Australia.
Created by Olly Richards, internationally-renowned language teacher and author, 101 Conversations in Intermediate English gives you an experience in real English that you won’t find anywhere else. You’ll be better prepared for using English in the real world, speak with more confidence, and take a giant leap towards fluency in English!